Jindalee State School is proud of its high academic standards and academic performance, consistently performing above national minimum standards , and with leadership in curriculum programs within the region and Centenary Learning Alliance of State Schools (CLASS).
A number of additional programs are available to enhance learning and student participation in schooling. The school promotes active student engagement in learning through:
• The Jindalee Way, as a values base for success in learning and community life, and supporting a range of student abilities and needs. As well as being a whole school expectation, this is supported by a range of support staff and programs of interest to visiting educators as examples of best practice.
• e-learning programs include an extensive BYOD program from Year 2, as well as digital learning experiences commencing in Prep and throughout the school;
• International Student program supporting a range of overseas students and complementing the multicultural background of our community;
• Sporting activities including team sports and opportunities for individual excellence in sports through a range of coaching and competitive sports, as well as recreational activities to promote health and fitness;
• Music programs incorporating vibrant classroom and instrumental music programs involving many students in choral, strings, bands (orchestral and jazz) and Orffschulwerk instrumental programs.
A range of additional Enrichment and Enhancement programs such as technology training and various clubs, competitions and skills programs provide our students with experiences for a balanced and engaging student life leading on to secondary education.
To develop these programs, our school has:
• A mixture of classrooms, the Resource Centre Library and Electronic Learning Centre. There are separate rooms for English as a second language, Classroom Music and Instrumental music, and various learning support programs.
• The school main hall accommodates Physical Education, many sports, The Arts program and major assemblies and lunchtime activities. The Hall and Resource Centre buildings have activities rooms that are also used for meetings and various activities which add to learning opportunities for students.
• An excellent athletics and playing field oval, as well as courts for netball, tennis, basketball, badminton and volleyball. Grounds are well-cared for and support shade trees and gardens, as well as sustainability projects.